- Accessible Customer Service Plan
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing goods and services to people with disabilities
Providing Goods and Services To People With Disabilities
HUB Financial Inc. & HUB Capital Inc. are committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Health & Welfare Trust Administration, Policy Service Administration and Regional Investment Administration teams, HUB Financial Inc. & HUB Capital Inc. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at our London, Woodbridge and Ottawa, Ontario office
Training for staff
HUB Financial Inc. & HUB Capital Inc. will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Health & Welfare Trust Administrators, Policy Owner Service Administrators and Investment Product Administrators.
This training will be provided to staff immediately upon hire, and any ongoing training required.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standards plan;
- HUB Financial Inc. & HUB Capital Inc.’s plan related to the customer service standard;
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- How to use the walkers, maneuver wheelchairs, etc.;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing HUB Financial Inc. & HUB Capital Inc.’s goods and services.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way HUB Financial Inc. & HUB Capital Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact via email, phone or in person.
All feedback will be directed to the Manager, Human Resources. Customers can expect to hear back in 5 business days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of HUB Financial Inc. & HUB Capital Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.